Easter is right around the corner, and with good weather upon us, what better way to get in the festive mood for spring and Easter than to plan fun-filled activities for the family!
1. Take some spring-themed family photos
Get outside this Easter and put the family in matching or color coordinating outfits and snap some pictures in front of a floral background or a blooming tree! This is a great activity to do something more low-key for Easter, but still convenient since you are getting good family photos to hang around the house!
2. Host an evening Easter bonfire and roast Tuck-ins
Get the kids together this Easter Sunday evening and enjoy a festive s'more roasting experience with our Tuck-ins Easter Deluxe 10 Piece Bouquet! Tuck-ins, are Inside-Out style s'mores on a stick that are a no mess way to enjoy your favorite childhood treat! Tuck-ins have a fluffy marshmallow exterior stuffed with a chocolate covered graham cracker! With our 10 Piece Deluxe Bouquet, you can mix and match 10 of our different flavors. This bouquet is perfect for a family bonfire since it also includes spring themed coloring books, plastic eggs stuffed with toys, and chocolate eggs! Order now and use code SMORE20 for 20% off your order!
3. Make some Easter themed crafts
Get creative with the kids this holiday, and make some DIY Pom Pom Bunnies. Crafts are a great rainy day activity that doubles as a cute room decoration!
- Glue Gun
- Yarn (soft and thicker yarn works best)
- Pony Beads
- Clear Thread
- Cotton Balls
Making the Pom Poms:
- Begin by wrapping the yarn around two fingers (smaller pom pom). Thicker, softer yarn works best. Wrap it around at least 60 times.
- Carefully slip the looped yarn off fingers, keeping the loops intact. Cut a separate 5 inch piece of yarn.
- Slip the separate piece of yarn underneath the looped yarn and wrap it around to the front, tying it REALLY TIGHT.
- Next, slip a pair of scissors through the loops and cut through them.
- Keep cutting all the loops. Your pom pom will look uneven and a little wonky. Trim it up and give it a “haircut” until it looks nice and even.
- For the second, larger pom pom, repeat the process above but wrap the yarn around the whole hand. Trim the larger one as well.
- Using a glue gun, attach the smaller and larger pom poms together (the smaller as the head, the larger as the body.)
Assembling your Bunny:
- Cut out some ear shapes out of gray felt and a smaller shape out of pink felt.
- Layer the pink on top of the gray and pinch the bottom. Glue the pinched portion together. Glue the ears to the head of the bunny.
- Next, take two black pony beads and glue them onto the smaller pom pom as eyes.
- For the whiskers, loop some clear thread together and tie it in half. Snip through the loops with scissors and glue it on the bunny’s face.
- Glue the pink pony bead on top for the nose.
- And finally, add a cotton ball onto the back of the larger pom pom for the tail.
Your pom pom bunny is complete! Turn on your favorite show and make these soft and snuggly little bunnies! Make them in all different sizes and you will find the process a little addicting
4. Plant mini windowsill gardens
What better way to prepare for spring than to plant some colorful flowers!! Buy some long pots and either flower seeds or already blooming plants and put them up in your kitchen for a daily burst of color to get you and the family excited for Easter and warm weather! Plus, the kids will love to get their hands dirty and plant the seeds themselves!
5. Bake an Easter themes recipe with the family
Baking is a perfect rainy Easter day activity, like making these Bunny Buns! This recipe turns classic sweet Easter rolls into a festive baking activity any kid will love!