23 Oct Vegan Craisin Chocolate Oat Cookies
This recipe makes cookies that are delicious, comforting, and a little healthy for you to boot! Enjoy them whenever you want something fabulous or give them as gifts! Makes about 15 – 20 cookies.
For the Cookies:
½ cup vegan butter (softened)
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 Tbs. ground flax mixed with 2 ½ Tbs. water
1 cup flour
½ tsp. vanilla
½ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
2/3 cup uncooked old fashioned rolled oats (not instant)
2/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
½ cup craisins
To Make the Cookies:
– Preheat oven to 325 F.
– Beat butter and sugars together until well mixed.
– Add in the flax and mix.
– Gradually mix in the flour, vanilla, baking soda, and salt.
– Mix in the oats, chocolate chips, and craisins.
– Drop by rounded tablespoons (medium cookie scoop) onto prepared pan, about 1 ½
– Bake about 14-16 minutes until light brown.
– Let cool and then finish cooling on a wire rack.