30 Oct Vegan Biscotti with Almonds and Cranberries
Here is another biscotti recipe that is delicious and fun for the holidays. Since biscotti keep well, make them in advance, freeze, and give them as gifts. Or just eat them yourself! (Credit for this recipe goes to: domesticgothess.com with small adaptations)
For the Biscotti:
¾ cup sugar
2/3 cup unsweetened soy milk
2 Tbs. melted refined coconut oil (or other neutral oil)
1 tsp. vanilla
2 ¼ cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
¾ cup almond slices or slivers
¾ cup dried cranberries
To Make the Biscotti:
– Preheat oven to 350 F.
– Mix the sugar, soy milk, oil, and vanilla in a bowl.
– Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt together and add to the bowl. Beat until mixed.
– Add in the almonds and cranberries and mix to blend.
– Divide dough into 2 even parts. Shape each part into logs about 2 ½ “ wide. Flatten them
slightly with your hands.
– Bake for 30-35 minutes until firm and lightly browned.
– Let cool for about 15 minutes.
– Slice logs on the diagonal into pieces about ½ thick.
– Turn the oven to 275 F.
– Lay the slices on the baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes. Turn over and bake for
another 8 minutes. (If you do not want your biscotti too crunchy, bake for the first 8
minutes and then turn the oven off and let the biscotti cool in the oven).