21 Nov Vegan Pumpkin Ginger Biscotti
When I start thinking of the Fall/Winter holidays, I start thinking of cookies. This recipe not only tastes wonderful, but your home will also smell absolutely incredible! Eat them with a hot beverage and enjoy. (Credit for the recipe goes to Willamettetransplant.com, with small adaptations).
For the Biscotti:
2 ½ cups flour
¼ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
3 tsp. cinnamon
3 tsp. ginger powder
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. allspice
¾ cup chopped pecans
1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
½ cup vegan butter, melted
2 tsp. vanilla
To Make the Biscotti:
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together.
- Add in the wet ingredients and mix until blended. The dough will be sticky.
- Divide into 2 equal portions and shape into rectangular “logs”.
- Place on a baking sheet (lined with parchment paper or non-stick foil) with some space between them.
- Bake for about 35 minutes.
- Cool for at least 10 minutes on a rack.
- Cut logs on the diagonal into ½ slices.
- Place back on baking sheet on a cut side.
- Bake at 325 F for 20 minutes. If you don’t want your biscotti too hard, you can turn the oven off at this point and let the baking sheet cool in the oven. If you want the biscotti to be very crunchy, turn the cut biscotti over after the first 20 minutes of baking and bake for another 20 minutes (same temp, 325 F).